Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Poll discussion: Favorite Chicago venue

So it looks like the Vic is the popular choice for favorite Chicago music venue. I'm interested to hear why you guys think it's the best. I'm not saying I don't like it, but I don't think it's my favorite.

I voted for Park West. Despite the fact that I really don't like the location of Park West, this would be my No. 1 choice for seeing any band live. It's big enough that it's not cramped, but it's small enough to have an intimate feel. Plus it has that awesome table arrangement thing going on.

Any thoughts on why you voted for a particular venue? If you voted for other, please share.

4 comments:

  1. I went Vic for one reason. The bar that is right next to the stage. If you get there early enough you can just plant yourself and enjoy beers all night while listening front row.

    Alright actually I have other reasons. I probably have the most memories from there, and the crowd always seems the best there. I do dig Park West, and actually the Aragon as well. The Riv ain't bad either. I really dislike Metro, & Auditorium Theatre. Always shitty sound at both places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted with OD. The Park West is a classy space with several options for enjoying the show. The broad dance floor opposing the stage provides ample room for band-staring and dancing without restriction. I love the waitress-attended tables in the rear, they make me feel like a hundred dollars.
    One venue that I'd put up near the top, even though it's seasonal, is the Skyline Stage at Navy Pier. After having a couple drinks and/ or a couple of smokes and dancing yer keester off, it's great to peek around the side of the stage at set break and see the most beautiful skyline in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call on the Skyline Stage. There aren't nearly enough shows there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea there was even live music outside Navy Pier. That sounds like it would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete