Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Why do I like The Walkmen so much?

When The Walkmen's latest album, Lisbon, was released last year, it by no means disappointed me. I liked it, but wasn't drawn to it the way I was to You & Me. Soon after its September release, I kind of lost interest, thinking it was a solid album, but just nothing special. However, six months later, I'm finding myself listening to Lisbon over and over -- front to back.

I can't really put my finger on why I like The Walkmen so much. They don't do anything all that out of the ordinary. But I find the more I listen to them, the more I like what they do. This was especially the case with Lisbon.

They can pack a lifetime of emotion into one 4-minute song better than most bands. I really think this is one of the best bands making music today. Period.

1 comment:

  1. See the Power of Positive thinking within you. Please follow my blog and read interesting posts. God Bless You

    ReplyDelete