Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Album of the Week: Dawes -- Nothing Is Wrong


I downloaded Spotify last week and I've pretty much been hooked ever since. I figured with all this access to free new music, on a weekly basis, I'd highlight an album I've been digging lately. It might be something I recently discovered or an old favorite, but I'll try to put them up on Mondays from now on.

My first pick is Dawes' second album, Nothing Is Wrong. I didn't listen to this band's first record, North Hills, much when it was released a couple years ago, but I remember thinking it was fairly decent. I think I like Nothing Is Wrong more than the band's debut -- it's good to see the group avoid the dreaded "sophomore slump." This album is a solid folk record, with nice harmonies and subtle --but distinctive -- piano accents.

I've had this album on repeat for the past couple days. Pretty great summer album -- check it out.

Follow me on Spotify

No comments:

Post a Comment