Monday, March 23, 2009

2009 Lollapalooza Headliners

According to Greg Kot of the Chicago Tribune, Tool will be among the headliners of Lollapalooza 2009 in Chicago. Other headliners previously reported by the Tribune (none of this is official yet) include Beastie Boys, Jane's Addiction, Kings of Leon and Depeche Mode.

Back in February, Beastie Boys and Tool were two of the bands I predicted for the festival. I hope some more of my predictions join the bill.

These headliners don't excite me much. I'll go see the Beasties and Tool for curiosity-sake. And Kings of Leon put on a great show a couple years ago as a midlevel Lolla act. (But their new album is dissapointing, so I'm not all that pumped about seeing them.)

Overall, I have a fairly luke-warm feeling of this year's Lolla.

1 comment:

  1. I would still go just for Tool, they are a great live band, I haven't seen them since 2002. However I do hope they add a few more like Arcade Fire and maybe the Flaming Lips.

    ReplyDelete