Monday, August 17, 2009

New Radiohead song

Radiohead released a new song this morning -- "These Are My Twisted Words." Jonny Greenwood made a post on the band's Dead Air Space blog, saying this was the first song the group has finished among its post-In Rainbows recordings.

"These Are My Twisted Words" is a spacey, jammed out song with no real chorus. I would say "twisted" or "twisting" would be a good word to describe it. Despite the title of the song, on first listen I thought it might be an instrumental, but Thom Yorke eases his way in around the 2:40 mark.

I feel like this tune will work well as a transition song. I could see the band heading into this song straight from another song -- something Radiohead doesn't do a lot of. The beginning of the downloaded track even sounds like the end of another song before the drum beat kicks in.

I'm looking forward to hearing more new material, and they can't come back to Chicago soon enough.

Download "These are My Twisted Words" here (it's free).

1 comment: