Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lincoln Hall, A Great Place to See a Show

The last two Friday's in Chicago I spent my evenings at a newer venue in Chicago called Lincoln Hall. It's owned an operated by the same guys who own Schuba's and is the old location of the 3 Penny movie theater. The completely renovated building is a great place to catch smaller, emerging bands. I saw The Walkmen and Brendan Benson. First off, doors generally don't open till 10pm and the headlining band doesn't go on till 11:30 or so giving you plenty of time to get there or pre-game. The beers are reasonably priced with $3 PBR's to boot. Inside there is a bar when you walk in, and behind that a room that holds about 500 at best guess. Above the room is a balcony with tables and chairs if you get there early enough to find a spot. The stage is propped high enough that there really isn't a bad spot in the house. Tickets are usually about $20 and are all will-call to avoid ticket-bastard charges. All in all this place is a very economical place to catch shows and I think I will be going there a lot more.


1 comment:

  1. I'll be there Wednesday for the first time to see Blind Pilot

    ReplyDelete