Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Indie Music Videos

As we all know there are a lot of great bands out there that don't get the recognition they deserve. Hence, the creation of Claptrapped. (OD you love the name) But there is also a TON of indie music videos that never see the light of day. One of my contributions will be to post some of those videos every once in awhile.

I am going to start with one of my all time weird favorite music videos by a band I have grown to really like in the last year. Try not to have nightmares after watching this one.

Animal Collective - Peace Bone

6 comments:

  1. Gosh. That video reminds me of the horrid Ryan Adams catastrophe for
    "So Alive" off of Rock and Roll.

    Try not to vom:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pue8ubHY9c

    KOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. me: ok
    here is a comment for ya
    what does that terrible ryan adams song and video have to do with the one i posted at all
    Kurt: it's an awful indy video
    me: ok peacebone is good
    that video is crap
    Kurt: total crap
    Sent at 4:18 PM on Wednesday
    Kurt: i don't think the peacebone video is good
    me: you are nuts
    that video is great
    Kurt: hey now
    me: so fucked up and so original
    that ryan adams vid is like standard gay dude singing into the camera
    now i might go post all this on the blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious.

    Welcome Kurt!

    That's a pretty crazy video, but I'm not all that surprised -- Animal Collective is out there.

    Looking forward to some of the crazy shit they pull off at Pitchfork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I'm warming up to the blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a touch creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's another sweet indie vid.

    No Age.

    http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?artist=2542022&vid=251747

    ReplyDelete