Thursday, January 15, 2009

Best no-skip albums

Writing my last post helped me come up with this topic. It's always great when you find an album that you can play from beginning to end, without skipping a track. Even some of the best all-time albums ever made likely have one or two skippable songs.

Here's my list of my favorite "no-skip" albums (I couldn't think of a better term):

  • Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Creedence Clearwater Revival"
  • The National, "Boxer"
  • Paul Simon, "Graceland"
  • Radiohead, "Kid A"
  • The Walkmen, "You and Me"
  • Weezer, "Weezer" the blue one
  • Wolf Parade, "Apologies to the Queen Mary"
  • Wolfmother, "Wolfmother"
If you disagree with any of the albums, let me know what songs you skip over.

8 comments:

  1. I would add the Fleet Foxes to that list and get rid of The National. I have now tried since 2007 to like The Boxer, to no avail. Can't get past the first two tracks. I'll give ya a list of my own 'no-skip' albums on my lunch break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to give The Walkmen album another listen.

    Mine would be...


    Elbow "Cast of Thousands"
    Wilco "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"
    Andrew Bird "Armchair Apocrypha"
    Postal Service "Give Up"
    RadioHead "Kid A"
    Eels "Blinking Lights and Other Revelations"
    Ray LaMontagne "Trouble"
    Black Sabbath "Black Sabbath"
    Belle and Sebastian "Dear Catastrophe Waitress"
    The Flaming Lips "The Soft Bulletin"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love, love Graceland! It's very deserving of this list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely agree with JMOC on
    Black Sabbath "Black Sabbath" - in my opinion, best metal album of all time.

    I would also add
    Smashing Pumpkins - Melloncollie and the Infinite Sadness
    Jerry Cantrell - Boggy Depot

    I've also heard Ray LaMontagne is great but never really got a chance to check out more than that one song from that one movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Van Morrison "St. Dominick's Preview"
    Van Morrison "Moondance"
    Van Morrison "Tupelo Honey"
    Led Zeppelin "IV"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was close to listing Soft Bulletin. Sometimes I skip the Spiderbite Song and I usually skip the Race for the Prize reprise. I probably could include it on my list, though. It's a solid album top to bottom.

    As much as I like Fleet Foxes, I always skip Meadowlarks. Don't like that tune.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny thing OD. I love that Spiderbite song.

    ReplyDelete