Monday, April 13, 2009

Finally, Some New Shatty Logo(s)

Okay I finally put something together, nothing earthshattering but I think it's at least a start, I wanted to come up with a few more rough ideas before I posted anything but it's come to the point where I feel I have procrastinated long enough. I included a closeup of the domain name logo and an alternate logo, I guess. Like I said it may be a start and I'll keep on working. I editted the C in claptrapped I can change it some more but I think this is a little better.






I also wanted everybody's thoughts on a preliminary T for Lolla and various other fests this year. I've just incorporated the two logos onto a dark colored shirt, I'm looking for a catch phrase to put on top if anyone has suggestions, the one on the shirt is just a filler, or is it? Let me know what you think, and if you have any phrase ideas, like "it's not an STD" or "music opinions, for the love of music", as you can see those are no good so I need better suggestions. Sweet.




FRONT




BACK

8 comments:

  1. I think the "C" in Claptrapped needs to be more pronounced. It kind of looks like Laptrapped. I like the font and the shading of the ".COM".

    The hands behind bars is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the more pronounced "C". Also I don't know if that color is set in stone or anything, but if we're gonna wear these to fests, black might not be the best color as the sun tends to warm that color up nicely. Also I think the phrase on the back is appropriate since we heard it on the train heading to Lolla last year. Either that or, "Claptrapped: Eat a Dick!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figure the T's would be either a dark color with white ink, or a light color with black ink. I should be able to print them myself by then so we can buy whatever shirts and print whatever colors. I'm working on the C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the little man in the "C"

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry boys i have been out of it for awhile.

    i like the trapped clapping and agree that we need to go with a shirt color other than black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Looks like Lapptrapped
    2. Much wider than it is tall, which will always make its usage difficult.
    3. I don't care for the saying- it might have some hidden meaning to you, but it's not marketable, it's not funny, and it may be offensive to some demographics.
    4. It doesn't say "blog", "music", or "writing" to me, any or all of which should be conveyed through your logo. If I were to see that logo, not knowing what it was, I would assume it was a generic technology company, or maybe a plastic factory. I recommend finding a typeface or imagery that conjures up thoughts of what your site is/does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. I changed it so that the C is a little more apparent. I'm still working it out but I think this is alot better than it was.
    2. Domain name logos are almost always wider than they are tall, that's the problem with them, like I said, this is better than nothing for now, and we could use just the C and the man for more of a central logo until then.
    3. The saying, I was hoping someone would come up with a better one. Especially one that would represent opinion and music.
    4. The word claptrap conveys the meaning, somewhat, I wanted it to be more generic, because I always thought it could be a discussion on other subjects as well.

    ReplyDelete