Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Albums

Well it's New Years Eve today, that means we can look forward to upcoming albums in 2009. Are you guys looking out for any specific albums?

Some highlights for me are the following...

Animal Collective
Andrew Bird
Chris Cornell
Built To Spill
Doves
M. Ward
Wilco
Stone Temple Pilots
The Postal Service

I'm particularly excited for Built to Spill and Doves latest. I think they are both going to gain a much larger audience this year. I won't hold my breath on The Postal Service album, but it will interesting how they follow up with 2003's Give Up. 


4 comments:

  1. M. Ward has a new one coming out! Details please...

    Postal Service's newest will be hard to follow up the gem of 2003. Ben from Deathcab just got engaged to Zooey D from She & Him, I wonder if she will make an apperance on the album.

    Andrew Bird's newest is great! It leaked and I have heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gomez is releasing a new album in '09, I hope it returns them to form, How We Operate was mildly disapointing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to releases by
    A. Bird (great robust article about him in The Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/magazine/04bird-t.html?_r=1&ref=magazine)

    the 1900s

    Music Go Music

    Ben Kweller

    Phosphorescent

    Lily Allen

    Bonnie Billy

    and Indigo Girls

    as of right now that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested to hear Umphrey McGee's new disc "Mantis". I had an affection for the band in my long-hair days and it sounds as though their sound has matured. Their single "Made to Measure" is... interesting & I'm giving it several listens before making a judgement.

    ReplyDelete