Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Records Claptrappers are looking forward to in 2010

I cannot really confirm that any of these bands are putting out records this year, but I heard they were. I think 2009 was a pretty solid year to end the decade on. 2010 has a lot of expectations from bands who have only put out one album so far and will be trying to avoid the elusive sophomore slump. While others will be trying to establish themselves as the future of music.







Hot Chip- One Life Stand
Yeasayer- Odd Blood
Cold War Kids- Behave Yourself
Vampire Weekend- Contra
Spoon- Transference
David Byrne - Here Lies Love (Project with Fat Boy Slim)
Arcade Fire- ??? (I heard May, with a single due sometime before that)
LCD Soundsystem- ???
My Morning Jacket- ??? ( I hope so...)
Fleet Foxes- ???
Band of Horses- ???
MGMT- ???(Produced by Jay-Z)
Portugal. The Man- American Ghetto
She & Him - Volume 2

Can you think of others or confirm any of my guesses above?

3 comments:

  1. This Claptrapper is NOT looking forward to Vampire Weekend, thank you very much.

    Old news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, new Joanna Newsom album, "Have One on Me"

    Out February 23.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far the Vampire Weekend makes my ears bleed.

    ReplyDelete