Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No. 11: TV on the Radio

Brooklyn-based TV on the Radio is one of my most anticipated bands playing Lollapalooza this year. They play a high-energy brand of music that makes you want to dance and go crazy. Last year, TVotR released Dear Science, which was listed on numerous best-of-2008 lists, including Rolling Stone's No. 1 album. It made my Top 5 albums from last year as well.

Dear Science starts off with a bang. "Halfway Home" rages with distorted guitars, eerie keyboards and danceable percussion. It really kicks you in the pants, and paves the way for a great album. Other highlights include head-bob-inducing "Golden Age" and the absolutely badass "DLZ." I've never seen these guys live. Most of the reviews I've read of their concerts are very positive, with a few exceptions. They sound like a very fun band to go see and have fun, but I have a feeling they'd be more fun to see in a small club. I wish I had the chance to check out their after-show at the Double Door Aug. 7. I guess I will just have to "settle" for their Lolla performance. They play on Friday at 6:30. Can't wait.

Myspace

Official site

No comments:

Post a Comment