Friday, July 17, 2009

No. 21: Robert Earl Keen

Robert Earl Keen is a country singer/songwriter from Texas. He plays a folky type of country; it's not over-the-top twangy. I'm admittedly not a fan of most country. The closest I come to liking country is probably moe. and Wilco (A.M.). So, not surprisingly, I can't really get into Keen's music. I don't find it annoying like most pop country, but I still can't get behind it. He has some interesting lyrics, so if you're a fan of country music, you might want to check out Robert Earl Keen. He plays at 3:30 on Saturday at Lollapalooza -- going up against Gomez and Chairlift.

Interesting fact about Keen: When he was attending college at Texas A&M he was neighbors with Lyle Lovett. The two performed together many evenings on their front porch.

Official site

Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment