Friday, July 3, 2009

No. 36: Lykke Li

Lykke Li, whose full name is Li Lykke Timotej Zachrisson, is a pop indie singer from Sweden. With a musician father and a mother who is a painter, Lykke Li was probably not going to end up in a cubicle when she grew up. As a pop singer, she gets more respect from me since she writes all her lyrics, which is more than I can say for many pop artists. Her lyrics are very direct and don't have much hidden meaning. For example in her song "Little Bit," she writes “for you I keep my legs apart," not exactly shy either. Her debut album came out last year and was produced by Peter Bjorn and John; the album is called Youth Novels. I'm not huge into pop music, but I dig on some of her tracks like "I'm good, I'm gone" and "Until we Bleed." Unfortunate for her, she is paired up with TV on the Radio on Saturday at Lollapalooza, so she will probably see a smaller crowd.

Official Page
Myspace Page

No comments:

Post a Comment