Tuesday, June 22, 2010

No. 55: The Big Pink



So The Big Pink, I've been struggling with what to say about this group for a while now. I've had their only album, A Brief History of Love, playing for weeks now and it's always just sort of there. The duo, Akiko Matsuura and Leopold Ross, are an electric rock group from London has been loosely compared to bands like Nine Inch Nails and Yeasayer, very loosely. A more appropriate and recent comparison may be The xx, another high praise band I can't seem to get. Monotonity with no hook sounds like a blast. After saying all that I'll give them which seems like my normal review they're not that bad, I just don't think they're all that good either. Then again if you enjoy The xx and don't mind missing Drive-By Truckers, Cymbals Eat Guitars and My Dear Disco you might want to wander over to the adidas stage Friday afternoon or check them out at Lincoln Hall, probably a better venue for their sound, the Thursday before.




No comments:

Post a Comment