Sunday, June 20, 2010

No. 56: Cymbals Eat Guitars

I had not heard New York-based Cymbals Eat Guitars before doing this preview, but I'm glad I chose to write them up because I'm liking what I hear. By no means a super original sound, Cymbals Eat Guitars sounds a bit like Pavement or Built To Spill, but they are definitely not knock-offs.

They're a young band, and have only released one album to date: Why There Are Mountains, but I wouldn't be surprised if these guys stick around for a while. Check out the tracks "And the Hazy Sea" and "Wind Phoenix." Those are probably my favorites from the album.

My discovery of Cymbals makes me a little more excited for Friday at Lollapalooza; however, they play at 3:30, which presents a conflict with Drive-By Truckers, another band I'd like to catch. So I'm definitely going to have a dilemma on my hands.

Cymbals Eat Guitars on MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment