Wednesday, June 9, 2010

No. 62: Frightened Rabbit


So if the Counting Crows put out a slightly more progressive album and Adam Duritz somehow picked up a Scottish accent along the way, you'd pretty much end up with Frightened Rabbit. Frightened Rabbit's lyrics center on somber subject matter such as break ups, suicide, and loneliness but they are joined by a more upbeat tone and hope filled vocals. The band has released 3 albums Sing the Greys, The Midnight Organ Fight, and their latest and least crowish The Winter of Mixed Drinks.

Give them a listen, you'll probably like the five member indie band from Scotland but I bet your girlfriend likes them more. Now it probably sounds like I'm selling them short, but I do enjoy them and I'm sure they put on a good festival show. Slotted with Erykah Badu and MUTEMATH, two bands I know little of, I'll probably check them out until I feel it's time to secure my place at the Budweiser Stage for MGMT.


Frightened Rabbit on MySpace

Videos of Frightened Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment