Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No. 28: Stars

Stars is a Canadian rock band that, on first listen, sounds a lot like Broken Social Scene. That would make sense, as the members of Stars also play with Broken Social Scene. Torquil Campbell and Amy Millan share singing duties, and it makes for a nice mix.

I'd describe Stars' sound as "pleasant." Since I have been in a big Broken Social Scene mood lately, I'm finding Stars somewhat appealing, but they don't carry the same energy or feel. A lot of their songs are a little too slow for me. So I wouldn't mind listening to Stars every once in awhile, but I don't see myself checking them out at Lollapalooza this year. If you're a big BSS fan, it might be worth attending their set to see if they are joined by Emily Haines from Metric (and also a fellow Broken Social Scene member).

Stars plays on Saturday at 2:15. They're not really up against anyone special, so they might draw a decent crowd.

Stars on MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment