Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No. 43: Mumford & Sons

Mumford & Sons is a four-piece folk rock band from London. They have a soft, nice sound and use a lot of vocal harmonies. Think of a somewhat mellower Fleet Foxes with a touch of bluegrass. They also remind me a little of Frightened Rabbit. I have heard a lot of buzz about this band recently, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they are like live.

The group formed in 2007 and just released their debut album, Sigh No More, last February (in the U.S.; the album was released in the U.K. in October 2009). I like the album a lot. It's soothing, but not too slow, and I could really see it growing on me more and more as I continue listening to it.

Mumford & Sons plays at Lollapalooza on Sunday at 3:00. They are up against Minus the Bear, so I have a feeling I will be checking these guys out.

Mumford & Sons on MySpace

Here's a video of their song, "Little Lion Man."

No comments:

Post a Comment