Friday, July 9, 2010

No. 40: Hockey

Portland, OR-based Hockey is the only band returning to Lollapalooza this year after playing it in 2009. They have become more well-known since last year, but they did not blow up by any means. I basically feel the same way about them as I did when I previewed them last year. They still sound like a mix of the Strokes and LCD Soundsystem. I feel like I should like this band more than I do, but for some reason, their songs don't really hook me.

Hockey ended up releasing their debut album, Mind Chaos, last October. They will be playing at a more impressive timeslot this year at Lolla -- 3:30 on Sunday. I did not end up seeing Hockey last year, and unfortunately, I will probably not be stopping by their set this year. It overlaps with both Mumford & Sons and Yeasayer.

Hockey on MySpace

Here's a video of one of their Strokes-esque songs, "Song Away."

No comments:

Post a Comment