Thursday, July 15, 2010

No. 33: Blues Traveler


Who hasn't heard of Blues Traveler or John Popper, pretty much everyone. This New Jersey band obviously took off back in 1994 with their album Four and hit songs like “Run-Around” and “Hook.” I actually enjoyed their next album Straight On till Morning and their second album Travelers and Thieves back in the day. I think they took a tumble when bassist Bobby Sheehan overdosed and passed away in 1999. Their albums really haven’t been as solid since. With a collection of 10 albums at this point, they have not seen much commercial success with any other album. Blues Traveler has become a standard festival band where they can pull a bigger crowd in that atmosphere because of their past fame. I've seen them a few times at these fests. Definitely not a band that is going to blow your mind, but you may want to grab a burger (or Pad Thai in OD’s case) and pop a squat on the lawn. I’ll probably be waiting in line for a Kumas Corner burger myself since they are a vendor this year. If you miss them and would like see them live, don’t fret, I’m sure they will be back next year. They play at 1:45 on Saturday.

1 comment: