Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No. 46: Fuck Buttons

Fuck Buttons are an English noise-electronic band. It's a two-piece group, made up of Andrew Hung and Benjamin John Power. I had never listened to Fuck Buttons before researching them for this review. I have to say, they will be one of the few bands I will listen to in the future that I hadn't heard before. (So far, at least. The other band I've really liked being Cymbals Eat Guitars.) They kind of have a Dan Deacon or Animal Collective feel to them, without the vocals.

The Buttons make spacey instrumental songs that flow into each other, while sounding pleasant and abrasive at the same time. I'm a pretty big fan of their 2009 release Tarot Sport, with its soaring crescendos and head-nod-inducing grooves.

I definitely look forward to listening to more of these guys in the future. However, I'm going to have a tough decision on whether to see them at Lollapalooza this year. They play at 5:00 on Friday -- directly up against the Dirty Projectors and Matt & Kim. It's probably between Fuck Buttons and Dirty Projectors -- but all three groups have me interested. This is unfortunate considering there is so little I am excited for on Friday.

Fuck Buttons on MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment