Monday, July 5, 2010

No. 47: Jamie Lidell

Jamie Lidell is an English soul singer. I think his music style will bring a nice change of pace for Lollapalooza this year. It's not really my preferred type of music, but I find Lidell's style easy to listen to.

His latest album, Compass, which was released this past May, was produced by Beck and also features him as a collaborator. (Side note: when is Beck going to play Lolla? This needs to happen soon.) Despite the connections to Beck, I find the album to be pretty average at times. But songs shine at times, and I would recommend at least checking it out.

Lidell plays on Friday at 6:30 at Lollapalooza. I probably won't be checking him out, as his set will be overlapping with Hot Chip and Black Keys.

Jamie Lidell on MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment