Monday, July 19, 2010

No. 29: Deer Tick

Deer Tick is a folk rock group from Providence, Rhode Island. Lead singer/guitar John McCauley sings with an interesting raspy voice -- but I can't make up my mind if I like it or not. Deer Tick reminds me a little of Dr. Dog, with maybe a little more folksy feel. The group currently features former Titus Andronicus guitarist Ian O'Neil.

I like this band, but I'm not sure if I'd like to see them at a festival like Lollapalooza. I think a small club on a Friday night would be perfect for this band. They have a pretty good timeslot -- 5:00 on Saturday. And they really aren't up against anyone else I want to see, so it's possible that I go check them out. Or I might use this time to get some food before Spoon and Cut Copy...

Deer Tick on MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment