Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Music you never knew you liked

So I was thinking the other night about all the new music I've discovered lately and also started thinking about bands that were on the lips of everyone last year or 10 years ago that I never latched onto until recently. Case in point, when "Z" by My Morning Jacket came out way back in the summer of 2005, I really didn't give it a second thought. I didn't really care much for the album before that, "It Still Moves", other than a couple of tracks. Once I finally gave "Z" a chance, it almost made me kick myself for not paying any attention to it sooner. This also goes for Fleet Foxes' self titled album from last year... Which I know OD will agree is pretty groundbreaking, especially for a debut album. Until recently, I have to admit "In Rainbows" never tickled my fancy. I had always been a Radiohead fan throughout high school and college and remember picking up "OK Computer" and "Kid A" on their respective release dates. However, somewhere along the way, they lost me only to pull me back in 9 years later...


I'm curious to hear everyone's input on music that finally made you see the forest after staring at the trees for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment