Saturday, May 23, 2009

Paste magazine just might make it

On May 13, Paste magazine adopted an online fundraising initiative called Save Paste. The magazine took a big hit in advertising sales recently, so it decided to ask its fans for help, rather than shutting down.

When I heard this news, I can't say I was surprised. The latest issue I received -- the May issue -- was noticeably thin in the advertisements (which I guess is a good thing for the reader), it did not feature the free sample CD (online downloads were still available, however), and I noticed a number of obvious typos. The Editor's Note was also about the economy and how it is affecting the magazine industry.

A week after "Save Paste" was launched, there appears to be good news. According to Folio: magazine, Paste has raised $166,000 -- putting them over halfway to their goal of $300,000.

I personally hope the good news continues. I'd hate to see this magazine go away.

1 comment:

  1. Paste is a great magazine, and without them we would miss out on unique performances like below.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5fd9Z7zJVg

    ReplyDelete