Saturday, May 23, 2009

No. 76: Langhorne Slim

Langhorne Slim, from New York, plays folk rock with a hint of bluegrass and country. Slim (whose real name is Sean Scolnick) plays guitar, while his backing band -- the War Eagles -- plays drums and stand-up bass.

Listening to his debut album, "When the sun's gone down," it has its share of upbeat, toe-tapping tunes that feature other instruments, such as keyboard, electric harmonica, and banjo. I'm really turned off by his voice, however. It's kind of whiny, and it reminds me a little of John Popper. I do think there would be some potential in Langhorne Slim's live show. I could definitely see some high-energy foot-stomping good times. But I will probably not be checking them out at Lollapalooza.

Check out Langhorne Slim on Myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment