Monday, May 24, 2010

No. 75: The Morning Benders

The Morning Benders are from California and have released two records filled with sunny pop songs.  This year they took the core of their music and put layer upon layer on top of each other. Their sophomore effort, Big Echo, is much better than the first record they put out and is filled with experimental orchestral music ala Grizzly Bear and Deer Tick.  They have more hooks and stronger melodies than those two bands and this record has been playing on my iPod for the past month or so. Its a great album and each song grows on you after multiple listens.
I will definitely be seeing this band at Lolla this year and I suggest you do the same.

I will be coming back with a more in-depth look at Big Echo because this album should be reviewed on Claptrapped.  For now check out the video to the first song on the record, "Promises".

1 comment:

  1. I dig these guys, excited to see them at lolla

    ReplyDelete