Wednesday, May 12, 2010

No. 88: Semi Precious Weapons

New York "glamour rock" band Semi Precious Weapons kind of makes me want to throw up a little. They have a punk sound, mixed with really bad lyrics. (First line from their first song I hear: "I can't pay my rent, but I'm fucking gorgeous." And yes, the lead singer is a guy.) The band has been touring with Lady Gaga recently, so if you're going to Lollapalooza to see Lady Gaga, maybe you will enjoy this band.

To give an idea of what this band is like, here is an excerpt from an interview on the band's fansite, Semi Precious News:

Mihal Freinquel (from the fansite):
So tell me, who is Justin Tranter?
Justin Tranter (lead singer of Semi Precious Weapons): I am a genderless sea creature who has been writing and studying music since I was 12. ... My choice of shoe upsets people a lot more than my filthy mouth.

So yeah, this band is clearly not my bag. It's a pretty good bet I will not be rocking out to Semi Precious Weapons when they take the stage at Grant Park during Lollapalooza.

Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment