Sunday, May 23, 2010

No. 76: My Dear Disco



My Dear Disco, an electronic pop group, grew out of three University of Michigan students experimentations with a bagpipe and bass and techno drum beats. The group later added 4 additional members including lead female vocalist Michelle Chamuel. From here the band started to produce a brand of music they referred to as Dancethink.


Their first full length album, appropriately titled Dancethink, is a high energy effort filled with synthetic sounds and up tempo beats. The music brings to mind other electronic groups such as Hot Chip, Scissor Sisters, Daft Punk and Zero 7, but the prospect of their live show which has included a cover of Will Smith's Wild Wild West and a tribute to Michael Jackson is the real reason I look forward to seeing this band at this year's Lollapalooza.


My Dear Disco on MySpace


Videos of My Dear Disco

No comments:

Post a Comment