Friday, June 26, 2009

No. 42: Glasvegas

Glasvegas is a 4-piece band from Glasgow, Scotland that formed in 2003. The band has released one self-titled full-length album that received numerous awards and a mini album with a Christmas theme A Snow Flake Fell (And It Felt Like A Kiss) both in 2008. Glasvegas' debut album is a solid effort. "Geraldine" and "Go Square Go" are highlights. I find them similar to Oasis and The Killers, and since they have a favorable time slot at Lolla I'll probably check them out while I'm waiting for TV on the Radio to take the stage.


However, the band falls into an unfortunate category with me. When a band arrives and suddenly appears on every radio station, headlines every festival, and becomes everyone's favorite band like the Killers in 2004-05, I tend to group in everyband that sounds remotely like them and not give them a second listen. An unfair way to judge the bands, but it happens and when I finally get around to giving them a second listen I often find that they're much more then the square hole I fit them into. This happen to anyone else?


Glasvegas on MySpace


The Official Site of Glasvegas

No comments:

Post a Comment