Tuesday, June 2, 2009

No. 66 Miike Snow

At first, I thought this was a one-man show; however, this is a trio made up of Andrew Wyatt, Christian Karlsson, and Pontus Winnberg from Sweden. I would describe their music as electronic pop. These three are actually producers that decided to create their own sound and band. They worked with several artists including Madonna, Rob Thomas, and Britney Spears. I think these guys should stick to creating their own sound since I enjoy it much more than some of the artists they worked with previously. I would compare them to Passion Pit, Animal Collective, and a touch of Postal Service -- especially on the track "Vampire Weekend vs. Miike Snow." They haven't even officially come out with their debut album yet, it comes out on June 9th, but you can listen to all the tracks on MySpace. Overall, I think this is a good first album if you're interested into electro/pop. Many of the tracks sound unique, which I think is tough to pull off for this genre.

I will not be running toward the stage at Lolla for Miike Snow, but I really dig some tracks like "Black and Blue", "Burial", "Animal", and my favorite "Vampire Weekend vs. Miike Snow." It may be interesting to catch them if you can at Lolla on the side stage.

MySpace Page / Official Page

No comments:

Post a Comment