Saturday, June 13, 2009

No. 55 The Virgins

This band is described as dance-punk, it sounds to me like every song is made for a soundtrack for a movie staring Freddie Prince Jr. It's a very teen bop type of music, their target market has to be teenage girls. Obviously I'm not a huge fan. They hail from New York and have one album released that's self titled. The band is made of Donald Cumming, Wade Oates and Nick Zarin-Ackerman. Their songs appeared as the whole score for an episode on the TV show Gossip Girl...shocker.

It's not all poison to my ears, the song Fernando Pando has some substance and character, I do enjoy that song. Well needless to say I won't be checking them out at Lolla, but if you dig this type of music, go and dig it.

Offical Page
MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment