Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No. 58 The Knux

Well to start off, I'm not the biggest hip-hop fan out there, but I actually really like what I've heard from these guys. The duo are brothers from New Orleans that landed in L.A. after Hurricane Katrina hit. They obviously don't take themselves too seriously, they chose "Krispy Kream" and "Rah Almillio" as their rap names, and The Knux is short for The Knuckle Heads. Kentrell "Krispy Kream" Lindsey and Alvin "Rah Almillio" Lindsey currently just have one released album "Remind Me in 3 Days..." which came out last year. The hit songs "Bang, Bang" and "Cappuccino" have been heard on the show Entourage and in Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, which seems fitting for these laid-back goofy brothers.

The unique and my favorite aspect to The Knux is they play their own instruments on stage, which you don't see often with hip-hop. However, they keep true to the hip-hop style since their instruments never lead over the lyrics or general beat of the song. I would say they sound similar to OutKast. If you're into hip-hop, check em out at Lolla. I bet these guys will be real fun to see. Listen to "Bang, Bang", I bet you'll be hooked.

Official Page
MySpace Page

No comments:

Post a Comment